Welcome to ALL ABOUT MINING: MODERN MINING FOR K-12 EDUCATORS.
- Mining for a STEAM Education (Completely Virtual, Eligible for Continuing Education Credit)
- All About Mining (Hybrid Online/In-Person Course, Eligible for 6 Continuing Education Credits)
- What does the mining industry do and how does it impact the environment?
- How does the mining industry function?
- Why is mining important to society?
MINING FOR A STEAM EDUCATION VIRTUAL COURSE (NEW!)
Mining for a STEAM Education is a professional development course aimed at K-12 educators in the hopes of introducing students to the many STEAM concepts throughout the mining cycle. STEAM represents educational concepts that focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics. STEAM-engaged students explore scientific concepts collaboratively through inquiry and problem-based learning methods throughout a creative process.
The modern mining industry has countless examples of activities and lessons that can readily convey STEAM concepts.
Mining for a STEAM Education will guide a teacher through the mining cycle, while introducing numerous classroom activities to supplement nearly every school subject. Click here to start the course now!
ALL ABOUT MINING HYBRID COURSE
- At your own pace on-line lectures, select quizzes on lectures, and completion of three lesson plans;
- Three days of more in-depth review on the Colorado School of Mines campus (June 2021);
- Five-day road trip to visit mines and other sites in Colorado (June of 2021).