ABOUT THE CMAEF
The Colorado Mining Association Education Foundation (CMAEF) is a 501(c)(3) organization created by the Colorado Mining Association (CMA) to educate K–12 teachers and related faculty on the current activities and involvement of the U.S. mining industry.
CMAEF’s program, All About Mining, began in 1968 on the Colorado School of Mines (CSM) campus in Golden, Colo., and is operated in conjunction with their Office of Special Program and Continuing Education (SPACE).
CMAEF believes that, whatever your background or profession, you will find the information presented in All About Mining to be factual, educational and informative.
WINNERS OF THE 2018 INTERSTATE MINING COMPACT COMMISION'S ANNUAL MINERALS EDUCATION AWARD
Public Outreach Award: Presented to an industry, environmental, citizen or other group, or to a state government body that has achieved excellence in one or more of the following categories:
- Provided educational outreach in an innovative manner that increases the level of understanding in the commui9ntiy about mining and its impacts.
- Promoted awareness of environmental stewardship associated with mining through active involvement of citizens
- Fostered cooperation and partnerships with divers groups to achieve understanding
- Enhanced the understanding of issues associated with minng and natural resource development
- Fostered public education thorough mine tours, visitor centers, community awareness days, career days, personnel volunteerism in schools, maintaining adopt-a-school programs, or education partnerships.
Presented to the Colorado Mining Association Education Foundation
“All About Mining: 21stCentury Mining for K-12 Educators Program”